Manchester United could give up on their pursuit for highly-rated Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho. The England international had been the primary target for Manchester United but this could be set to change.
According to the Mirror, Sancho will only sign for the Old Trafford Club if they secure Champions League football next season. There is also the problem of transfer valuation as the German club wants an excess of £100million for the winger.
Borussia Dortmund insists that the 20-year-old is not available for sale until summer of 2021.
This stance was recently reiterated by Dortmund director Sebastian Kehl who said on Saturday that the club was planning for the winger to be with them next season.
He said, “Of course there have been a few themes with Jadon in the last few weeks. We’ve cleared all that up. At the moment we’re working on the assumption that Jadon will be with Borussia Dortmund next season. Regarding the rumours, I can say that there is nothing to it.”
Despite the assurances from Kehl, it is difficult to see the former Manchester City ace staying at the club next season.